Astralpool UK Limited, Units 30-32 Palmerston Dr, Fareham PO14 1DJ.
The information we hold
When you contact us via our website, by email, telephone or at trade shows, open a trading account with us by completing our account opening form, do business with us, request information from us, including specifications or apply for employment with us, we will collect some or all of the following personal information from you:
- Name and job title and company details.
- Postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Bank account details for accounting purposes.
- Information relevant to the dealings we have with you. If you submit a job, work experience or internship placement application, we will collect and hold the information that you provide in your application, which may include employment history and salary details. This information may also include sensitive personal data such as racial or ethnic origin or medical information. We do not request sensitive data at the recruitment stage, however should you choose to provide it we will only hold and use the information for the sole purpose of considering your application. Please see our separate Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
- If you accept an invitation to an event, you may provide us with dietary or access requirements, which may also contain health related information or information about your religion or beliefs.
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from sources such as credit reference agencies, banks and other referees, which we will add to the information we already hold on you in order for us to support the provision of trade accounts.
How we will use the personal information
Under the data protection laws, we are required to have a lawful basis for processing your personal data.
Our primary purpose for collecting and processing personal data is for the performance of a contract or in order for us to enter into a contract for our services. This applies to all of the information that we need to continue to do business with you, and to maintain records for administrative purposes and the performance of contracts.
Some of our uses of your personal data are required to enable Astralpool UK to meet its legal obligations to meet financial reporting, where required by law, to enable us to protect or enforce our legal rights, to comply with statutory or regulatory obligations.
We will process some personal data in order to further our legitimate business interests, where we consider this will not be too intrusive on your rights or privacy.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To improve the quality of our services.
- To keep you updated about events or other information of interest.
- To register you for courses or events.
- To process recruitment applications.
Who we disclose your information to
- Credit reference agencies, banks and other referees provided by you in order to process requests for credit terms
- If you choose to purchase goods by credit card to card providers in order to process payments.
- To carriers and courier services to enable delivery of goods.
- To our subcontractors in order to carry out surveys, installations, repairs and maintenance.
- To our parent company head office in Spain for accounting and technological support
- We may disclose your information to the police, or other public bodies with authority to request such information, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Where you are an individual making an enquiry about our goods and/ or services
- We will collect information about your contact details: name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. We will also collect information about your specific project or equipment requirements.
- This information may be collected from a direct enquiry via our website, by telephone or other direct contact, or you may have contacted one of our suppliers who does not deal with consumers and has passed your information to us.
- We will pass your information to selected swimming pool or spa retailers or contractors so that they may contact you by email, post or telephone in relation to your enquiry.
- We will only contact you in relation to your enquiry and will never contact you for marketing purposes.
- We will only retain your information for a period of six months.
We would like to provide you with information about our products and services which we think you will be interested in by email, post and telephone. We may also wish to invite you to events.
If you are a customer of Astralpool UK such provision is within our legitimate business interests.
We will seek your specific consent via our website to provide you with direct marketing materials by email.
Alternatively you may give your permission by sending your details:
If you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing materials by email or other email communications after you submit or provide your details, or you wish to exercise any other of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact our marketing team on 07776 148804 or write to the marketing team at our registered address.
Alternatively you may unsubscribe from email messages by clicking on unsubscribe at the bottom of our email.
From time to time we may request to use your personal data, which may include photographs of you and/ or pool projects you are involved in. We will seek your specific consent to use your personal data in this way. You may remove your consent by contacting our marketing team on 07776 148804 or writing to our marketing team at our registered address.
Astralpool UK Limited is committed to protecting your personal data. We have implemented the technical and organisational security measures required to safeguard your information and minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised processing of the information we hold.
We keep your information no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. However, each right will not apply in every case where we hold your personal information. For example we may need to continue to hold and process information to exercise legal rights.
You have a right to request us to
- provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold
- update your information where it is not correct
- delete your information that we hold
- restrict the way we process your information
- consider any valid objections to us processing your personal information
- provide information you have given us to a third party (where our basis for holding the information is consent and the process is automated).
We also collect information automatically about your usage of our websites using ‘cookies’.
Cookies make websites work better
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information to companies, which help in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from Astralpool UK. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements.
We use two types of cookies on our website
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are non-essential.
Some cookies are essential
Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our websites. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit and then expire when you leave the site. They are not stored on your computer and they don’t contain any personal data. However, you can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you are able to carry out on our sites. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies Website
Here’s a list of essential cookies and how we use them:
These first party cookies enable you to carry out some essential functions on our sites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you terminate your browser session.
Cookie Name: Frontend
|Astralpool UK site cookie acceptance||
Cookie Name: user_allowed_save_cookie
Some cookies are non-essential
We also use some non-essential cookies for analytical purposes. Here’s a list of non-essential cookies and how they’re used:
From time to time Astralpool UK uses Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google enabling us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we are able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we are able to make improvements to our sites. There are third party cookies set by Google on our website that enable Google Analytics to collect this information.
Google also reserves the rights to the data collected.
Cookie Names: _utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmz
You can accept or block cookies
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies’ Website
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
Conditions of Access and Use to the Website
Our website is for information purposes only. Only Astralpool UK Limited account holders may access the website to order goods and services.
We may change, adapt or modify these terms from time to time without notice.
We will advise you of updates where possible. However, we recommend you review them from time to time.
Astralpool UK Limited, makes every effort to ensure that its Website operates properly, does not contain errors and, should errors arise to repair them, and to ensure that the contents of the Website are regularly updated. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Astralpool UK Limited is unable to guarantee the availability of and/or continuous access to the Website, the absence of errors in its contents or that the latter have been updated in a timely manner.
Modifications to the information on the Website
Astralpool UK Limited reserves the right to modify, delete and update the information on the Website, as well as its configuration and presentation, at any time without prior notice.
Use of the information on the Website
Users shall be solely responsible for both accessing the Website and the use made of any information on it, particularly in relation to the suitability and proper use of the products marketed by Astralpool UK Limited. Astralpool UK Limited may not be held liable for any damages that may arise, directly or indirectly, either from the access or use of the information on the Website and, in particular, from the information provided by third parties. Specifically, Astralpool UK Limited hereby expressly states that all of the information relating to the specifications and conditions of use of the products contained on its Website does not substitute its Terms and Conditions for the supply of Goods and Services, Trading Guidelines and/or specific contracting conditions of Astralpool UK Limited, nor any of the information provided at the time purchases are made, to which users must refer for their acquisition and proper use. Users are therefore reminded of the need to read all documentation that comes with products or services acquired carefully.
Likewise, Astralpool UK Limited hereby states that the free information provided to users as a result of specific queries about products or services offered on the Website is only intended as a guideline. It will therefore not be held liable for any damages whatsoever derived, either directly or indirectly, from the use of the information provided by Astralpool UK Limited to the user. Specifically, Astralpool UK Limited hereby expressly states that said information does not constitute (a piece of) technical advice given on the basis of all of the relevant information required. Furthermore, Astralpool UK International Limited may not be held liable for any damage to the user’s hardware or software that may be derived from accessing the Website.
Users acknowledge, and accept of their own free will, that the use of the Website is entirely undertaken at their own risk.
Users shall be held liable for damages of any nature that Astralpool UK Limited may incur as a consequence of the breach of any of the obligations to which they are subject pursuant to these Terms and Conditions of Access and Use or to the legislation that applies to the use of the Website.
Policy on external hyperlinks
Astralpool UK Limited, assumes no liability whatsoever derived from connections to or the contents of external hyperlinks to third-party websites, nor does the fact that they are posted imply that Astralpool UK Limited, endorses, promotes, guarantees or recommends them.
Furthermore, any third parties that wish to post a link to this Website must obtain express prior written approval from Astralpool UK Limited.
Industrial and intellectual property
All of the intellectual property rights, contents, designs, databases and codes on the Website are owned by Astralpool UK Limited, which holds the exclusive rights to exploit them, unless otherwise stated on a case-by-case basis. The unauthorised reproduction, distribution, commercialisation or transformation of the above materials, unless for personal and private use, constitutes a breach of the intellectual property rights of Astralpool UK Limited, or the owners of such materials.
Furthermore, all brand names, brands and distinguishing logos of whatever nature are protected by industrial, intellectual or other types of rights.
The unauthorised use of the contents of this Website, as well as damages incurred by the intellectual and industrial property rights of Astralpool UK Limited, may give rise to the exercise of the legal actions to which it has recourse, and to the liabilities that, if applicable, may be derived from such use.
Therefore, should you wish to obtain authorisation for their use, you must submit a request to do so at the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org.